1. HomePage
  2. Manuscripts department

Manuscripts department

The manuscripts' department of the Central Library and Documentation Center of Shiraz University was established in 1382 by transferring the donate collection of the late Sheikh Abdolnabi Imam that includes 1043 manuscripts, 417 movable type and 735 lithography from Allameh Tabatabai Library to  Central Library and Documentation Center of Shiraz University. Afterward, the donate collection of Mr. Navidgouy, a famous publisher of Fars province that contains 344 lithography and movable type and the other donate collections from Asian Institute and Sadegh Chubak with archaic lithography and movable type were added to manuscripts department.

The digitization and organizing of this collection began in July 2012. This collection will be used after cataloging, preparation and reparation stages and the users can use them by demanding digital versions.